Saturday, March 16, 2013

People In Your Neighborhood



Ivie Baby is an Etsy shop filled with baby sheets, blankets, bumpers etc. that are truly exceptional. They are some of the cutest designs out there and even better, made by a fellow blogger who is working two jobs to help support her family, alongside her husband. Like myself and Mr. Curry, this couple lost a business, and they are now reinventing themselves. Plus this stuff is truly adorable and hand made and lovely. *

Kirker Butler's essay on Americans being offended pretty much echoes my thoughts on the thing.

I love this piece on George Bush's recently revealed painted self portraits, and how the author actually likes him MORE now than he did before. 

Top Five Tips for natural hormone balance

This searingly reserved list ' 15 Things '  is this blogger's experience being attacked and sexually assaulted in her own bedroom; very scary and important to read. It begins:
--  At around 1:30am on Saturday, a man broke into my apartment and tried to rape me. 

I was so moved by The Feminist Housewife's accounting of the unexpected events in her life recently. Sometimes the internet brings you swiftly and repeatedly close to illness and death, and this last week I read more accounts of terrible loss than I can really stand. I cried, I told Mr. Curry, I prayed, I tried to remind myself of anything true I know about life. Because it is short. One of my favorite poems became so when I read it in my father's little book of poems by Robert Frost he gave me as a child. I've probably read this a handful of times a year since I was 10:

Whose woods these are I think I know. His house is in the village though; He will not see me stopping here To watch his woods fill up with snow. My little horse must think it queer To stop without a farmhouse near Between the woods and frozen lake The darkest evening of the year. He gives his harness bells a shake To ask if there is some mistake. The only other sound's the sweep Of the easy wind and downy flake. The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep.

Are you looking for someone to help who desperately needs it? Little J needs help.





* I was not requested nor compensated in any way for this mention or link. Just fyi.




previous next