Friday, March 14, 2014

People In Your Neighborhood

take a seat and read!


Girl's Jemima Kirk, a life in pictures in Vulture. I loved this. I also love, love love the name Memphis- but for a girl. If I had another baby girl, Memphis would be at the top of the list. ( I'm not having any more babies! )

If you don't like reading about Quentin Terantino or toe sucking, don't read this. But if you like a juicy, insider story that is super low brow and yet you can't help feeling sorry for everyone involved for being so lame, do read this. ( ps. they are the same story )

This blogger, Jes, wrote a kick ass blog post about being publicly shamed for her weight, and about men being publicly shamed for being attracted to curvy girls. 

I want to read this: The Rise of Superman

50 Insanely Clever Organizing Ideas

The story of Air Flight 447, which crashed into the ocean killing all aboard in 2009, is absolutely riveting. I could not stop reading, even though the recounting of their fate gave me a stomach ache and left me crying, I could not stop reading. I can't remember the last time I was so upset and fascinated by a story.

On Brainpickings, Alan Watts on an antidote to anxiety.

Did you know a WSJ reporter who had been reporting on OPEC went missing? Awful for his family and upsetting to ponder what these enormous organizations might be willing to do. Perhaps there is no connection, but it must be worrying his family.






previous next