Monday, December 19, 2011

Old Poway Park at Christmastime!

 Freezing cold and with Mr. Curry and I struggling to be cheerful, { this month is kicking. our. asses }
we arrived at the Old Poway Park Christmas Celebration, jam packcd with peoples and foods.
 We had hardly been there a moment when I heard Mr. Curry?! and turned to see a beautiful, beaming face that turned out to be Darcy, of 365 Degrees  ! She recognized my husband first ;) who as I have mentioned in past posts, is a very sweet guy, easily approachable. It was awesome to say hi to her and meet her husband and their cutie boy, Dax. I think I look like a chipmunk in this picture, but the court says it must stay.
 The Santa Claus'
 Lola was a little anxious from the crowds, and Ever had this kind of stupefied, overstimulated look on her face, while Ian was relaxed the whole time- I think they all managed to have fun though.
 Us. Hanging in there, together.
 All of us, minus Dakota, who at 17, is slowly becoming harder to find at family events. Sob.
 Lola held a thrilled Ever while they listened to the choir from Lola's school. By the time we left, after the snacks, coffee, running into friends, watching crafts and roaming, I was at 100 on the Christmas cheer meter. I'm such a HUGE Christmas dork. I love it!!
As we left the crowds, these girls held up a FREE HUGS! sign. I couldn't make a shy Lola do it, but I gave them a grin and a photo, which they giggled wildly at.  Good times!
previous next