Saturday, February 16, 2013

People In Your Neighborhood




source
take a seat and read


Mr. Curry watched this last night in bliss. His dream as a kid was to be a jet fighter pilot, and this video gives a first hand glimpse. Very cool video of liftoff and the ocean and world turning and dropping away.

Great list of tips to help kids with sensory integration disorder and/or anxiety.

My friend Stephanie linked this on Facebook and I laughed out loud through the whole thing. The Leona Lewis part busted me up! . ' 5 Meteor Videos That Prove Russians Don't Give A Fuck '

Stacey writes a beautiful and true essay on love over time.

“I cry a lot because I miss people. They die, and I can’t stop them. They leave me, and I love them more.”

I love how Julia thinks about her control struggle with one of her children over homework.

Jane Devin is a passionate, intelligent novelist, and this post on her blog about finishing a novel is gorgeous.

This piece on the life and death of a handsome, intelligent and deeply loved young college student is not only absorbing to read but important to think about. ADD/ADHD medications are not harmless.

“I want to be cryogenically preserved when I die from brain cancer but can’t afford it,” Kim wrote on the social news site Reddit.

I love Zadie Smith's writing- her novel  On Beauty  is one of my favorites, and this piece, On Joy, is no exception.



natalie said...

I loved the Zadie Smith piece but was disappointed with NW... you? Also, for the article by Stacey... thank you.

previous next