Thursday, October 13, 2011

Abide With Her: Stacey Connor Writes

My blogger friend Stacey has always been one of my favorite writing voices online. She's honest- you can feel the weight of it, sometimes uncomfortable, sometimes hilarious, sometimes inspiring, always good- in her posts, and she's terrifically intelligent (used to be a lawy-yah *as we say in the South) as well as the mother of four children. I feel very lucky that she wrote on her blog Is There Anymommy Out There about the e-book that I contributed to- Welcome To My World- as well as including some of her own story as a work at home mom who eventually became a stay at home mom. I hope you take a look at her blog. You won't leave without bookmarking her.
Kristin H said...

Thanks for the tip:)

Varda said...

I have long loved Stacey and her writing, and I love that you two love each other. Love-fest going on here (whoot)!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the link and recommendation! Anyone you recommend is bound to become a favorite --

January Dawn said...

Love her writing. You and Stacey are one of my favourite 'poetic and emotionally raw' bloggers. Keep up the wonderful work. :)

anymommy said...

Complete love-fest, Varda!! It's a lovely book ... I hope it becomes and e-best-seller.

Loredana said...

Thank you so much for that great blogger. Def bookmarked her. She put a lot of things into perspective for us stay-at-home, should I be working, would I take away from my kid, but how can I do it all, moms!

mosey (kim) said...

Since I will read just about anything both you or Stacey write, how perfect to see you both in the same paragraph. I can't wait to read your essay.

Loredana said...

I read the book in one day, I couldn't put it down and really how could you not read it in a day? Going upstate about an hr. ride up north and then with flashlight in hand driving back down hours later I finished it. This is a great book filled with stories of real women telling it how it REALLY IS holding nothing back. Motherhood is hard, point blank, it's what you do about it that counts. I think this book should be given to every new mom instead of that 'what you're expecting when you're expecting' crap because it's NOT what you're expecting.

Thanks so much for your words and the words of the other women. It put so much into perspective for me as a SAHM mom wanting to be a SAHWM but it hasn't been easy getting there.

Hyacinth said...

I'm not a mom but I loved the essays in your new book...finally got a chance to buy it last weekend and read it all in one sitting.

Stacey's blog is pretty awesome...I stumbled on her blog last year and she's one of the few blogs which I went back and read all her posts from the very beginning...I did the same with yours! You both rock :)

previous next