Thursday, January 1, 2015

so long and hello again!! 2014/2015







haters, hate. potatoes, potate. everyone else, swim in love and energy. it's what we got.


While I saw complaints about the Facebook end of year summary- a NYT article, even- for me, it was poignant and eye opening. I suppose it's very modern that it took a Facebook app for me to realize that the last year of my life was exceptional.

Last year I made the biggest professional leaps of my life- I moved from freelance, pieced together work to working for a large corporation from home. I continued writing freelance: exhaustion, accomplishment, fatigue, discipline, coffee, stress, joy, exhaustion. 

My first book was published. This is a touchstone that will, for the rest of my life, light up underneath my gaze. 

Mr. Curry quit his job and moved into another profession, one that pays for overtime and gives him paid time off, one that values and rewards his incredible work ethic with what work is meant to reward us with: money. As in, 'you did a great job' is awesome, but it doesn't pay the bills.

Ian turned 18. He's in college, working, and Lola's best friend.  Dakota started recording his band's first album while going to school and working. Lola continued being a perfect person: she makes movies, writes poetry and short stories, spends time with her friends, watches Ever, climbs in bed with us almost nightly to talk and read or watch Netflix. And Everkins, the light: literally. Ever is atomic energy. I look into her face and am filled with joy and boundless love, and I have been the luckiest person on the planet to love the way I love my children. 

I TURNED 40!

Everything that is most important to me, I have. This is a secure knowledge that is an 'it from bit'- a reality created from information. My children. My children. My children.

My mom ( hi mom! ) and I have the best relationship we've ever had, in my cone of light. ( inside nerd joke ). 

My in-laws live close and my sister in law and family live close and we are so blessed with their love and friendship, our family.

Lura, if you read this, I love you, I miss you, I think of you all the time. You don't have to come home to come back to me.

Blog readers, I love you. Blogging has transformed my life. I am enriched, emboldened and comforted here. 

This next year is going to be about family first. always. and then: my work
                                                                                                          my novel: it will be finished.
                                                                                                             
music
novels and books of all kinds, all sizes 
swimming
hiking
dancing
laughing
movies
Netflix
snuggling
friends
playing outside
art
travel
family get togethers
publishing
eating delicious, organic foods
coffee ( made at home, add organic whole whipping cream )
running
ridiculous behavior of all kinds, all sorts

LOVE,
m.m.e                                                           


HAPPY  NEW YEAR!!!!

previous next