Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I've Got a Crush On: Gisele Bunchen

For some reason she's always caught my aesthetic eye. There are models more beautiful, more creative, more involved in the world, more whatever- but she is one of the few models I know by name, because ever since I saw her in Vogue years back I couldn't stop lookin. She's got the hair I model my own after, color and wave. Something about her look immediately appealed to me as the apex of the very look I partly have and partly attempt to cultivate- light makeup, smallish eyes with fine bone structure, slight freckles, wavy light brown/blondish hair, jeans and a cute tee with flats or cute boots, great sunglasses and a shitload of confidence. And now, she's got this little guy she brought into the world like some mad superwoman, with apparently a Mary Poppins kind of ' now then, let's do what is perfectly natural to do ' kind of practicality to the process of labor and birthing that boggles my mind ( after doing it twice au natural I still have to say...OUCH HOT DAMN THAT HURTS! ), and is nursing and Mommying him in a way I recognize as my own- without the million bucks and the football famous husband. Anyway, I dig her. Crush.
ps
why am i cursing so much?
pss
i don't know
psss
maybe it's the pregnancy hormones?
let's go with that.
Yuliya said...

She is in the middle of quite the shit storm after her recent comments on Mommying the way she sees fit...I bet she appreciates the crush.

krista said...

i have to unfortunately disagree, my beauty.
while i respect gisele's passion for the way she parents, i can't help but roll my eyes at her "breastfeeding should be a law" comment. because, i'm sorry, i wasn't able to breastfeed past 8 weeks so, um, i should GO TO JAIL? just because i fed my daughter formula does not mean i am a selfish/lazy woman or an unfit mother. that being said, i respect her choices for her family. i would just like her to stop mandating mine.
damnit it if she isn't gorgeous, though, yes?

Elisabeth said...

We all have our stars to emulate. I wonder what she's like in real life, beyond the celluloid.

Trina Y. said...

She is pretty hot I have to admit, she dresses so simple...

If I could only get my haor to grow that long, I love that look too!

Trina
www.mommeville.com

Rebecca said...

I have a secret favorite model only because she was a student in a school where I taught. She was in the 6th grade at the time and was well loved by all the teachers and the other girls. For some reason, the boys didn't really notice her. But she totally had that model look when she was in the 6th grade. Long beautiful hair, clear complexion, long, long legs. Totally perfect. Her name is Karlie Kloss.

Ms. Moon said...

Hot damm! It does hurt! But then it's orgasmic.
And I am cursing a lot today too. Maybe the moon is in a Profanity Phase. Let's just enjoy it.

Maggie May said...

i know about her breastfeeding comments and i didn't think they were too cool either...still crushing!

Maggie May said...

clearness i actually know who that is, because her name is my friend's granddaughter's name so i noticed her :) she's lovely.

Mommy Emily said...

lol i love that you're swearing and blaming it on the hormones :) and i'm so out of the celebrity world i didn't know about giselle, but i agree, she is very beautiful in an earthy, organic, loving-on-baby kind of way. i love that you love anne lamott btw. she's my crush. :)

Michele R said...

I am in the same camp as you, Maggie May. I say hell ya to a model/actress who actually allows her body to go the whole 40 or 41 weeks w/out asking for a c-section and esp. since being from Brazil where the c-section rate is 70%, she wants to trust her body.
Not only that, in every interview I have read I have liked what she has to say. Clearly she has a good head on her shoulders. I say her bf words were out of context--I believe she was speaking esp. toward the other models.

Nancy C said...

I'll admit that I like pretty. I'm as biological as the rest of us. And pretty she certainly is.

Courtney said...

It was so funny to read this whole post because as I was clicking over from my blog reader I thought, "Come to think of it, Maggie kind of looks like Gisele."

Maggie May said...

oh Courtney, you are my new best friend.

Anonymous said...

Though I should be loyal to my hometown girl Cindy Crawford, I have always crushed on Kate Moss. I know, I know...cocaine is not cool but there has always just been something in her face that draws me in. Maybe it's just envy since I am anything but a waif or maybe I just love her style. Crushes are supposed to be silly, right?

Maggie May said...

xactamundo!

Petit fleur said...

She DOES look like you! Funny.

Maggie May said...

well now i have TWO new best friends. lucky me.

:)

* said...

Hehehe, I laughed @ the P.S. Why am I cursing so much? (That was me this morning in the Legoland parking lot, on the Legoland rollercoaster, in the Legoland store, until my 8 yr old goes, "Mom, stop cursing." Shoot just doesn't cut it quite the same though...

Ida Mae said...

you are too funny
love it
ox~ida mae

previous next