Monday, April 22, 2013

People In Your Neighborhood -the late edition-

take a seat and read


Dear Dzhokhar -there are a lot of things to say about the Boston Bombing and the boys who did it. This is the piece that most struck me.

This personal essay on the author's loss of both parents, her lack of grief, and what it means to 'know someone' is fascinating.


Someone put this up on FB on Friday and I laughed SO hard. Hilarious.

Have you watched Top of The Lake? I really like it, and this piece on the depiction of rape culture in TOTL is a smart breakdown of an ugly, important subject.

I don't know why I find it so fascinating to read about the inner working politicking and bickering of the Today show and its stars, but I do. This absorbed me.

Zoe's Story. Drugs can take anyone, even our perfect, good, life loving children. Eyes Wide Open.


Anonymous is doing important work.

An interview with David Foster Wallace turned into animation. 

I really want to go stay in a treehouse resort.

I've been avoiding plastic as much as possible for years now. This article gives good suggestions on what to look out for.

I've watched every episode of Marriage and Other Tragedies. Thanks Serge.














previous next