Saturday, April 13, 2013

People In Your Neighborhood

Take a seat and read!!

Chris Arnade's photostream is one of the most heartbreaking, eye opening and relevant I've ever seen. Witness. Testify.

21 Tips To Keep Your Shit Together When You Are Depressed - nuff said.

How To Fold a Fitted Sheet drives. me. nuts.

More horrifying news about the levels of lead in rice. I have switched my family from eating rice three-six times a week to none. We eat quinoa. " lead exposure levels 30 to 60 times greater than the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) provisional total tolerable intake (PTTI) levels for children and 20-40 times greater than the standard exposure levels for adults."

These amazing books are the result of painstaking artistic work and creativity.

One of my favorite You-Tube finds, ever. Just gloriously funny. I always wanted my life to be an opera. ' why won't you sleep / is it your teeth? / i need another coffee! ' HAHAHA!!!!

Lynn Beisner wrote Everyone Deserves To Heal At Their Own Pace, an essay that moved me deeply.  That moved me personally. We are saying that while we may not hold a victim at fault for what caused the injury, we will hold them at fault if it leaves a permanent scar or disability."

I had no idea. And it's hard to know. Iraqi Birth Defects Worse Than Hiroshima I wonder what President Obama thinks when he sees this. I believe he is a deeply good man. What does he know that we do not about the choices that he makes? What does he believe that holds him to those choices in the the face of this? He could never speak on it, because we wouldn't stand for it, the public, we wouldn't stand to hear the truth of a presidency said out loud, the choices they make, the why, the who, consequences avoided that we never knew existed, consequences lived with that are unbearable. 









previous next