Friday, October 17, 2008

Magpie's Nest

Friday is my favorite, Friday is my favorite, Friday is my favorite dayayayayay

LINKITY LINK******

For well made beautiful and charming little person clothing check out Mini Boden


For children's books that will make you lose your mind and whip out your card, check out Chinaberry

grits black and white Pictures, Images and Photos

Kiss my grits!! I can say this even though I only lived in Jackson Mississippi for my first three years, then one whole year (4th grade) and then a summer in Baton Rouge, Lousiana?- Right? Whatev. I'm a Southern girl and a Cali girl. I still remember getting teased for saying Commode instead of Toilet, and Pop instead of Soda.

I'm off to sub today, in the 2 year old class. There's a little boy at the school, K, who at playtime outside once told me he had just been to Sunday school. I casually said ' Oh yeah ?' And he promptly lay down on the cross-like cracks in the concrete, spread his arms out and screamed,

' Oh why'd my people put me up here?!! Oh Lordy help me!! '

And I'm not joking. I wonder what the Baby Jesus thinks about THAT?
steenky bee said...

You know, Thursday's are my favorite day. I'm all about the anticipation and promise of Friday than the actual day. Weird? Yes. Practical? No.

painted maypole said...

wow. i'm grateful that my daughter has never done that after Sunday School! ;)

Thanks for stopping by my blog... sorry it's taken me forever to return the favor. Loved reading about your on your info page!

Jennifer Ren said...

Ha, that's priceless! That kidd-o should try out for acting classes.

Anonymous said...

They say "pop" here and if my kids ever say that instead of soda, they have to stand in the corner.

JUST KIDDING. Kinda. ;p

Chandini Santosh said...

I like all days. I like all life. Just all of it.

ashley said...

fridays are really wonderful.
great link to the children's books-thanks;)
and thank-you for visiting my blog and leading me to yours ♥

Lola said...

I love it when I hear someone say "pop". It cracks me up for some strange reason.

I would have liked to have seen your face when that little boy did that. Too funny!

Patois42 said...

Oh, goodness, what the kids take away with them.

previous next