- Happy Birthday Annie!
- I think you should visit Steenky Bee. This girl is really awesome. She radiates light and energy in a way that enlivenes me to do the same, and she's funny as all be.
- I did not get the job I had interviewed for twice and I wanted so badly. It would have been a pay raise and perfect in many ways, but there was fierce competition and someone else with more niche experience got the job. I'm sad. Blue moon, I see you standin alone...
- We are still beyond broke and don't know every month how we will pay our whole rent. You may think this is very stressful. It is.
- My right boob hurts. I keep thinking about this woman at the school where I used to work (and still sub for). She's got a 2 year old and a 6 month old, and she has reaccurent breast cancer that has spread to her bones. It's her third battle in 2 years. I organized dinners for her that are getting dropped off at the preschool where she picks up her children. Every time my breast hurts, I think about her. If you pray, maybe you could send prayers toward San Diego and a woman named Michelle.
- This weather ( incredibly hot and dry like the inside of an oven ) has challenged my idea of myself as strongly against nose-picking.
- When 'Footloose' comes on and I'm driving in my car and the sun breaks through the clouds at this slanty angle and the trees are all blowing crazy on the sides of the road and Mr. Curry is next to me and the kids are in the back of the car laughing at me because I'm singing and dancing to this song I feel elevated beyond my circumstances. I feel joy.
- If I could make out with Obama and my husband would let me, I'd have to really, really, really consider it
- But I still wouldn't.
- I don't think cursing is a big deal. Like, at all. I think integrity is a big deal. Service is a big deal in our family. Honor. Respect. Love in action. Inner strength. Compassion. But cursing? Nah. As long as we don't sound like we could move in with the Bundy's, it's copacetic. If I spelled that right, I win ten dollars. Sometimes I meet people that have a checklist of behaviors that are offensive, but their very way of interacting in this world is small and coarse. I'd rather be a big hearted hoar than a piggy eyed linguist. But I'm not. A hoar, I mean. Or a linguist either, probably.
- I think Obama won that debate, hands down. Last debate, I thought tied. This one, Obama was the consumate gentlemen, and he won my heart along with my vote. ' I think those ads say more about you and your campaign, John, than they do about me. ' OH HELL YES.
- I am completely addicted to those TLC reality shows- Little People, The Duggars, John and Kate Plus Eight. There's something really life affirming about those big families, and something comforting about their normalicies, the quibbling, mistakes, gaffs, and it all ends and envelopes back again in the family fold, love.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Posted by Maggie May