Sunday, November 23, 2008

Saturday: Glamis, California


Mementos of the family desert trip. Hovering around 90%, no wind, beautiful clear skies and family in a large circle comprised of cars and motor homes, bikes and quads, children and adults.


Myself with my Father In Law, also Mr. Curry. One of the sweetest, hardest working family
men you will ever meet- a man who has never been anything but kind and welcoming to me, a man who makes it a little less painful not to have my own father.
Mr. Curry took me for a ride in the desert dunes in the dune buggy. We had one of the most romantic, sexy & escapist times of our marriage alone in the enormous rolling hills of gold sand.


Dakota and Ian survey their domain

Lola and cousin Sara were attached to each other for six hours by this bungee cord

Mr. Curry works with his Uncles and Dad to fix the bike
Did you know they sell ice cream in the desert? And you thought Santa wasn't real.



The sun was melting our skin. Smelting.
Charlotte said...

oh. happy family times.
i miss them.

little tilly~rose is a hamster! hehe, she very much looks like a mouse though.
and sometimes a piglet.

The Panic Room said...

that looks like an amazing time. I have never spent time in the desert beyond driving thru it and some side of the road star gazing and sun-set watching. Nothing in comparison to the likes of this.

steenky bee said...

Whoa! We go to the dunes in Utah all the time. So much fun. I'm jealous of your warm weather weekend. It looks like you were surrounded by loved ones

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a FABULOUS time! Enjoyed your post. Take Care.
CM

Annie said...

I love the photographs, especially the boots and the red/gold desert with the deep blue sky. Yeah, for romance! I'm glad you and your family had a wonderful visit.

Twenty Four At Heart said...

That looks like a lot of fun!! Were you out near Palm Springs?

crazymumma said...

its like the family version of Burning Man. Looks awesome. As I sit cold looking out at our potential snow sky, I wonder that people actually live without snow and cold.

Maggie May said...

Glamis is about 4 or 5 hours from where we live in San Diego, past Ocotilla Wells. it's a beautiful, exotic desert, i will post pictures next of the dunes.


i missed my bloggy friends:)

Chandini Santosh said...

Amazing family pics!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of the boots! Wow! I'm sooo jealous! Canada is great but that is a whole different kind of beauty isn't it!

ButtonHole said...

Looks like Mr. Curry the Younger got a haircut for the trip. Though I'll admit I did a double take after seeing the pic of your father in law! ha!

Jenny Grace said...

It looks wonderfully warm.

michellewoo said...

Good photos! I like the one of the boys fighting. Very cool. Did Mr. Curry get a haircut?

Jason, as himself said...

Sounds hot! In more ways than one.

What does the tattoo on your man's tummy say? Just curious. Does it say M A G P I E?

Lola said...

Looks like my kind of weekend. I love dirtbikes and quads! Glad you had such a good time.

Maggie May said...

it doesn't say magpie! ha! that made me laugh jason :) it says 'CURRY'

mr. curry did indeed get a haircut, and he's looking veryyyy nice! i also had the lady do a beard trimmy thingy. wouldn't you expect a poet to have better adjectives and nouns....!

Patois42 said...

Whoa, that sounds like a great time all around.

previous next