Sunday, August 5, 2012

People In Your Neighborhood

take a seat and read!
I had two pieces online recently, I'd love for you to take a look. I have a new column on The Conversation, a great website offshoot of The Conversation TV series, an awesome interview series of powerful women driven by Demi Moore and Amanda Cabanet. I'm writing on The Conversation about women's sexuality, and my first piece is about Mr. Curry and I as we married, and what you need to know about your sexuality before you say I Do... 

On The Huffington Post I wrote again about Mr. Curry:  our tendency to derail while arguing and five steps to arguing without tearing down.

I was so happy when I came across this photograph essay piece on literary figures and their tattoos. I love this kind of thing!

In The Atlantic, a piece I found deeply inspirational. Marie Myung-OK Lee writes about how her son's profound disabilities taught her that having it all is really just about how you are looking at it all. I'm saving this one for my personal folder in email on how to get along in life.

An interview with the writer Don Lee: ' Poverty wasn't inspirational '

Roxanne Gay and We Are Many. We Are Everywhere. A call to recognize that there are many black writers, all you have to do is read them- and a list of some to start with.

In Salon, Kevin Sampsell writes about how saving a man's life was the precipice for his own reckoning. I loved the honesty in this piece, the way it broke my heart so cleanly and openly, like a child's face as they tell a story. It made me think about modern life, and how estranged we are, and how much everyone needs to have a place, to be necessary.




previous next