Friday, January 17, 2014

People In Your Neighborhood

take a seat and read!


These are the most comforting life affirming photos I have seen in a long, long time. Saved.

This is a fascinating and important human interest piece on a man who went from being pro death penalty to anti death penalty.

Quitting sugar saved my thyroid by Sarah Wilson. I've been agonizing about this for a while. I know I need to quit or at least reduce to where the only sugar I'm getting is in my morning coffee. I don't eat a ton of sugar, but  more than is OK, especially for having hypothyroidism and endometriosis.

Give this essay by Jennifer Pastiloff your time. It's so worth it. Disappearing

An article in OZY on my publisher Shebooks: ' Please don't call it chick lit unless you are going to start writing by men dick lit ' GO LAURA!

Engrossing excerpt from her novel, Your Name Is No, by Laura Bogart, in the Nervous Breakdown.

If you need yarn, please get it from the Lancaster Yarn Shop- they deliver and give free delivery for larger orders. LYS is run by my longtime friend Wendy, and she is one of the most honest and kind people I've ever met. You can completely trust the service and quality you will get.

My newest Budget Fashionista piece tells you where to get very cheap versions of celebrity winter wear

This father was sentenced to LIFE in prison for selling marijuana. Anyone who knows me knows I think pot can be dangerous to a person's happiness, but no way in hell do I think anyone should go to prison for any real amount of time for selling it. I don't think people should go to prison at all for selling it. Life? This makes me want to cry. I've signed a few petitions at Amnesty International about these issues, maybe you want to.

Ariel Levy, Thanksgiving in Mongolia. Read it if you love amazing writing with an moving story.









previous next