Wednesday, May 12, 2010

foxfire

*gone to mrs. basil's files

maggie may ethridge
Anonymous said...

don´t ever stop, maggie!!
magnífico!!
love
y.

Elisabeth said...

Extraordinary. Your father who 'looks at me
out of the faces of my lovers,'

Again I stand in awe of your wonderful writing, Maggie May. Thank you.

VBW said...

Hot blog. Found you by clicking on a click when I clicked somewhere.

I work in live TV and often, right before we go live, I key my headset and say to my boss, "Flux Capacitor.... fluxing." as a final check before we metaphorically hit 88 miles per hour. We don't always see some serious shit, but that's what your blog is for, clearly!

Brigindo said...

Wow. Absolutely mind-blowing.

justmakingourway said...

Jesus, Maggie. That's powerful.

Ms. Moon said...

You've made me cry.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

This is extraordinary, Maggie. Just gorgeous.

Drax said...

Oh... This rocks.

Evangeline said...

This poem is breathtaking. Absolutely breathtaking.

You should talk/write about whatever you NEED to write about. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

anymommy said...

Amazing. You will scoff, but I am not a poetry fan, usually, I just have trouble connecting with it. But, not when you write. I mean that.

jennifer said...

fathers . . . yes.

Chaos and love said...

the wall she creates makes life bearable. It's still a wall though.
You can write about your father. Please M, never stop.

Annie said...

Questions, and fire, and hate- it's all intertwined,and it's hard to find peace. Personally, I believe, the hate is healthy, and it's a perfectly normal emotional response; a way to fight back- so long as there is love, too- Maggie, you are filled with healthy love and ways to express it. Someday, the intensity will lessen, and you won't hurt every day. Poetry is a great and necessary way to process, and transcend (words I'm not using lightly). I admire your strength.

Kass said...

This is what I call a Revolutionary Poem. When they occur, they start or stop wars. In the least, they leave me gasping.

Blunt Delivery said...

you seriously leave me speechless sometimes.

i will be finding you in my favorite bookstore someday, my dear.

www.bluntdelivery.com

Only A Girl said...

Love it.

anna said...

amazing.
i found myself thinking about this poem all day and am so inspired by it. i've always been struck by the fox imagery running through your writing and knew it had an intense personal meaning to you - in reference to the song your father used to sing you?

you give voice to truths so many people share but cannot speak about.

your truth, your courage and your voice is a healing force i truly believe that

kia kaha (stand strong) maggie

Sabi Sunshine said...

Nice work Maggie you are truly a good person and writer ! awesome job !

Sunshine

Amy said...

When I read your poetry I feel like one day I will be saying, "I knew her when. I read her blog before you knew her name." Really, the poetry on your blog is like I have discovered a great artist before her fame. I feel lucky. Thank you.

*mary* said...

Love this! This may be my favorite so far. Hope all is well with you, Maggie!

Beth said...

Writing helps.
Writing so well even more so.

magnoliaamber said...

you are the only writer I have known so far for being so daring, mixing the beauty of female with all of your expression... this is superb, Maggie! If only I was as daring as you!

Bird Bath said...

well done. your expressions come from a very deep place.

Amanda said...

Reading you work is honestly one of the biggest highlights of my day. Always beautiful, raw, kindred.

Petit fleur said...

I don't know what to say except I love you.
peace,
pf

Jo said...

Wow....this is powerful and beautiful.
I think I'll read it again.
Amazing!

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

wow. I am struggling to conjure more than wow.

e.

Virgo said...

you ought to be kidding me. that was heart melting.

Jeanne Estridge said...

This reminds me of some of Sylvia Plath's work.

Some of her best work.

Menina said...

Unbelievably good.

previous next