Saturday, November 20, 2010

Expecting Ever: the Days Before, and 38 Week Pregnant Pictures


Friday Night: 6pm All kiddos, Mr. Curry and I head to theatre for Harry Potter and the Deathy Hallows: Part One. We are HUGE Harry Potter Fans. We never go as an entire family to the movies because of the cost- except! for when a new HP comes out. It's like Christmas, we talk about it all year. Matter of fact, one of the first things Mr. Curry and I talked about after getting Ever's due date was the chances of her due date conflicting with this opening! We eat at home, head to the theatre, and stand in line with all the other fanatics for hours, ensuring we get great seats. We each get to pick a treat ( I got 2- An icee and pretzel with cheese, yummmm ) and settle in for the epic. Aunt Kristy met us in line and had made pumpkin treats for the kids. I did really well with all the standing and sitting. I was supposed to go hang out at Barnes and Noble with Lola while Mr. Curry and the boys kept our place, but we opted to just hang. I am feeling very internalized right now, very quiet, but I still had fun. I had the great and joyful and whole feeling I get that is very specific to my entire family being together.
Friday Night: 11:30pm We get home from the movie, and as Lola and the boys are crawling into bed, I listen to a message on our machine from an OBGYN I've never met who reviewed my non-stress test from Friday afternoon. ' Come in for more monitoring immediately, ' she instructed. ' You had points of no signal on your test. ' Sigh. I knew why this was, and if this doctor had anything to actually do with me or my baby she would know also that this wasn't a concern- it was because Evercakes had gone absolutely shanky during the monitoring, and was visibly CRYING on the ultrasound, turning her head side to side like infants do, with her tiny little furious fists clenched at the sides of her head, kicking. The monitor would lose track of her heartbeat occasionally because she was so incredibly active. You could see the monitor actually jump and move because she was kicking so hard. But this doctor doesn't know that. So we left Dakota in charge of Lola, sleeping in bed with her, and locked up the house, and left. We called as soon as we got to the hospital and Lola was already asleep, Dakota and Ian on their way. As suspected, everything was perfectly fine. I had a small emotional crisis thinking that Mr. Curry was lusting after the monitor nurse because she was very thin with huge breasts and attractive. ' I think you are sick of my pregnant body, ' I told him. He said all the right things and Dakota, overhearing our conversation, told me that I had married a saint. Hmph.
Saturday Morning: 6am Mr. Curry wakes to work.
Saturday Morning: 11pm I wake to find Lola watching TV and Ian gone to help Mr. C at work, Dakota getting dressed. I get dressed, and take Dakota and Lola to meet my mom at Rubios. She takes Dakota to a friends while Lola and I window shop the Christmas decor at Pier One..so gorgeous, so cheerful. It is pouring rain, literally pouring. I feel blissful. The rain, the Christmas decor, music, Lola holding my hand, and I'm waiting for my baby. We get small drinks at Coffee Bean and head to Home Depot. I buy a lovely blue paint for the master bedroom, the last step in getting ready for our baby. After Mr. Curry paints the room on Sunday with the help of his friend, ( after he goes to work, again- 7 day work week ) we will move in the brand new, queen sized mattress my awesome mom bought us as a gift!!!! The first new mattress either of us have ever owned in our adult life, it's absolute heaven. We took Lola and her best friend Kailin to pick it out and they had so much fun at Sleeptrain that they asked if they could have their birthday parties there. Who knew? Plus I used my magazine culled bargaining skills and got our Barack Obama look alike salesguy to reduce the already reduced price ( huge sales right now ) 5%. My mom was happy about that.
Saturday Late Afternoon: 4pm Lola and I arrive home. Her Netflixed ' Three Men and a Baby ' awaits. Ian leaves, Mr. Curry and I discuss the phone call I just had. My OBGYN Dr. G called and said we need to schedule a CSection. Evercakes is still breech and I'm due in a week. If I want my doctor to do the CSection, I have to take the dates she has open, which are the 24th, Thanksgiving Day, or December 2cd. We are leaning toward this Wednesday. It's overwhelming to decide this. Mr. Curry is worried that if I go into labor before December 2cd- which is more likely I will, as it's past my due date and both Lola and Dakota were before their due dates, and it's my 3rd birthing- that I might have her very quickly, and complications could arise. He wants to do this Wednesday. I feel very, very strange about accepting a CSection when there is a possibility, however small, that she could turn. On the other hand, I don't want a doctor I"ve never met before doing the CSection, and if I go into labor before Dec 2, that's what would happen.
Saturday Night: 5:30pm Mr. Curry and I will put Lola to bed early for a Saturday, so that we can have one last night 'alone'. We plan on serious intimacy. Barry White low toned alone. Yeah.

The rain is coming down, our house is ready for this baby- almost all ready, minus the master bedroom- with her things all put together. My mom bought me the amazingly awesome and so cute Graco FlipIt stroller for the baby shower, and it sits all adorable and put together waiting for her birth, with it's turquoise lining and polka dots. A final order using my gift cards is coming from Baby Earth, which is where I registered for my shower, and Ever's butterfly swing is coming, along with a nighttime nursing bra and nursing pads and a glass bottle. Her clothes and blankets are all washed and folded and put away in the beautiful white changing table/dresser I was given to by a work friend. Her crib is ready, just waiting for the crib sheet to arrive with the Baby Earth package. Most importantly, we are ready. All five of us are visibly excited now, expecting Ever.



artwork by Mr. EJ Curry aka baby daddy
Ms. Moon said...

Just tell me when to light the candle. I am ready.

Radish King said...

You are seriously most seriously gorgeous. I'm holding my breath. Been here every day every day every day to see how your and if she's out yet. I'M SO EXCITED!
Rebecca

Petit fleur said...

Those are grrrreat photos! They will be fun to show her when she is the age where they are curious about when they lived in mommy's belly.

Love hearing about the family HP movie fest. I love that feeling of everyone being excited about something and engaging in the same activity.

All will be well.
xo ps Hope you and Mr. C enjoyed your time.

essbesee said...

beautiful, beautiful images. and I think I already said so, but Ever is such a lovely name.

C.M. Jackson said...

beautiful photos--thinking of you and yours---here's to a happy healthy baby--blessings-c

Corinne Cunningham said...

I just read your comment and came running over to see your day :) Beautiful. Loving those pictures... and the bits of the day. Will be thinking of you... enjoy your night! (and the new mattress, there is nothing better!)

Annie said...

Hi Maggie,
I love this post, and I love your beautiful, round baby tummy, filled with love and Ever. I didn't think about babies crying in the womb! It was so amazing to me, the first time I saw my son. He had been real to me before, but seeing this perfect human being for the first time, fresh out of Mommy, was amazing. You will be okay with the C-section. In many ways, you will be better than okay. You know what's coming and you can plan for the day. It sounds like this Wednesday makes the best sense. Thank you for sharing with us, and keeping us posted on your progress. You are busy, busy, busy, but I'm glad you've found a quiet place of reflection, and time with Mr. Curry. If you find a few extra minutes, maybe you can tell us what you thought of the Deathly Hallows?

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you guys. You are ripe and ready to go! I love the photos. It is definitely a hard decision to give the go ahead for a csection, I know from experience (as you know) but definitely better safe than sorry. Good luck with everything this week! Yay!

Laura said...

We just returned from Harry Potter this evening. We are like you all in that respect :).

Have been expecting her too! Waiting with. Praying good things on this birthing day.

anymommy said...

The anticipation is just so much fun. Thank you for letting us experience it with you.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so excited! My Oliver had to be scheduled (or my uterus might have ruptured) and while it was a weird experience, it was the way he was supposed to be born. That's how you'll have to look at it, and I know it's going to be a beautiful, beautiful thing. All that love coming out -- oh, I can't wait to hear!

Sleep well with peaceful dreamy dreams.

Carol said...

Oh I so understand, my third child, my only daughter was also overdue by two weeks. I had a stress test done, and they assured me everything was allright so I chose to wait. They wanted to induce me too. It just didn't feel right to me. Three days later on July 4 she was born. The Peditrician assured me she was indeed late no mis calculation error. She is now 28 and she is still late for everything in her life.

I pray all goes well with you, Ever and your family. I enjoy reading your blog regularly.

Carol-the gardener

Hannah Stephenson said...

Thinking of you and your family! How exciting for all of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Teehee! Great pics! All the very best for Ever's arrival :)

Shana said...

My oldest daughter's best friend had her baby yesterday (yes, I am that old). She was 37 weeks and having complications, so they induced. She ended up with a C section and a four pound baby girl. The baby is miraculous. She is a tiny little bean, but is perfect. Perfect in every way. Just tiny. No respirator, no incubator, no nothing. Just a little squirt of a baby girl. I'm rambling. I'm just deliriously in love with the notion of baby girls right now, and so happy that your Ever is on her way!

Sabine said...

any day now - safe jorney to you both

Anonymous said...

I'm breathless just looking at you! Oh I can't wait! Very excited. You'll do the right thing, whatever that may be.Oh my....

Unknown said...

Ick, sorry for the hospital confusion! I was a planned c-section baby, simply for the fact that VBAC was less of an option back then. Whenever people talk about how many hours their moms were in labor with them, it's weird for me to give the answer, "My mom never went in labor with me: the doctor just looked at the clock and cut me out," but hey, that's how it goes with a planned c-section. I just wanted to present that story to you if you hadn't already considered it, but I absolutely agree with staying on the safe side. It's got to be relieving to see a definite end in sight to your pregnancy, and know with certainty when you'll be able to hold a healthy Ever for the first time. ^_^

michelle said...

Your picts gave me my first smile of the day.

Thank you.

I had 3 c-section. I have LOTS of tips.

It's still all about that first cry. Right?

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Your tummy is amazing. You are amazing!

Unknown said...

Oh man, you thinking your husband wanted the ultrasound tech had me cracking up. It's sooo crazy being pregnant! I remember all sorts of jealous moments that I would never have non-prego.

She is almost here!!!

I'm Katie. said...

OH, I am all gooseflesh and teary eyes waiting for your Ever to debut. You're beautiful. It will be so very sweet to see Maggie and Mr. Curry looking up from one tiny face!

I pray for Ever to wriggle around, head down. If this just isn't meant to be, I'm thinking buoyant, healthy thoughts to all involved in the Csection.

Captain Dumbass said...

Pregnant belly art is the best. Can't wait to see little Ever on the outside.

Magpie said...

those pictures are awesome. continued good luck!

Erika C. said...

Love these photos and the story about Harry Potter. I had heard a not so good review and was not sure about it but went with my daughter last night who is 11. I did like it and it was great to have that time with her. My son 8, and I have been reading through the series. When we finished it we had nothing to read for months. Nothing else was good enough and so we have started over again with the first book. Now on number 2 again.

Good luck with the upcoming birth. I did belly casts during my pregnancies and they are fun to have now. Have you thought of doing that too?

love,
Erika

Jos said...

Love Harry Potter.
Love your photos.

Cannot WAIT to read her birth story. :)

Peach said...

ahh, beautiful pics..

Rebecca said...

Praying for a peaceful, painless, short labor......with an easy birth and a healthy baby!

Marion said...

I do hope that Ms. Ever turns herself around for you so you won't have to have a C-section. You are beautiful, Maggie, and I can't wait to 'meet' Ever. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love & Blessings,

Marion

Ellen said...

The beauty of a full bloom mother-to-be is a mystery, a blessing, a held breath of waiting and wanting. It is an awakening of the deepest part of your soul...it is trust, and love beyond what no one can ever truly tell you...you have to feel the pull of your child within...and that is not just if labor is natural or medically necessary...Maggie May...Ever has you in her as she does her last breathing of her watery world...in and out...the time..is near.

Sandi said...

I check on you and Ever about once every hour.... As I am sure you are going to blog throughout the entire birth....

I am not sure why I feel so anxious, but I am so ready for you to have this miracle in your arms.

Love to you!!

Allison the Meep said...

This is so so great!! I am so unbelievably excited for you all and am sending out good thoughts for Ever's arrival. It will all go perfectly, I just know it.

Also, so awesome that you went as a family to see HP. What a great way to spend your final days before your sweet new lady shows up.

Amanda said...

Love, love, love the photos! Waiting with much anticipation...come on out Ever!

Gberger said...

What a luscious and ripe tummy. What a beautiful baby is waiting in there, just waiting to be placed in your loving arms. I am very excited for you and your family. May blessings abundant be showered upon you.

Mwa said...

Turn baby turn! And you enjoy your last days!

Unknown said...

love love.
all of this.
oh Maggie, thank you for sharing .
for spreading love.

I'll be thinking of you all.

and HP rocks.

Amber said...

You are absolutely hot as anything! Can't wait for her to make her appearance...sending turning vibes your way :)

* said...

Beautiful picture, mama. With every new post of yours, I anticipate a birth story. (In time, in time...)

Sending blessings your way.

Phoenix said...

I am beside myself with excitement for you!! Come on, Ever, the world wants to meet you!

Andrea said...

Like Mother Nature. Beautiful.

Pam said...

Beautiful photos and I'm sending good birthing thoughts for the upcoming week to you and your family!

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

You are breathtakingly beautiful, my lady!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Good luck with everything, Maggie. We will all be thinking of you.

Much love,

SB

Bethany Susan said...

i can;t imagine having to make a decision like that. my hat's off to you for staying so centered. congrats ahead of time on your lovely new arrival. :)

Barrie said...

JUst catching up on your blog. Love the belly artwork! I'll check in again to see if Ever has arrived. xo

Lora said...

Oh such a beautiful belly!

previous next