Sunday, October 7, 2012

People In Your Neighborhood

Take a seat and read!




Edwina is a rich, priveledged princess who has devoted herself to prison reform. This is something I've been thinking deeply on in the last months- the prison and justice system- and I find her journey fascinating.

A man writes on Salon about his redemption in prison.

And also on Salon, a very important piece on the effects of locking up children for life.

Blisstree writes a piece on how chemicals can cause breast cancer, years after they were banned.

Kim Siegal offers up her experience of becoming a SAHM- that it 'saved her marriage'. While I wouldn't say that, I could completely relate to the details of her relief from the pace of life she had been keeping before. Ditto.

An amazing, deeply uncomfortable voyeurism into a suicide jump.

How to eat brown rice safely, in light of the news of arsenic in rice.

Fiona Apple rocked a generation with her amazing music and intense personality.  Arielle Bernstein writes about our perception and judgements of her.

With disbelief and horror I read this news story which totally creepily echoes an exact event in the follow up novel to Silence of The Lambs. I tried reading the sequel months ago and holy. gore. I couldn't do it. I don't even know why I"m linking this other than WTF??


previous next