Wednesday, March 10, 2010

important reminder


i
f your heart breaks,
let it break wide open

love more.
Julie@beingRUBY said...

Love your way of thinking!!

Elizabeth said...

what a beautiful reminder -- I've never read anything exactly like that...

Tiffany Kadani said...

I love this. I absolutely love this. A great way to make lemonade, for sure.

Captain Dumbass said...

That's not something you do halfway. Good advice.

* said...

Yes.

Lydia said...

Aw, bless your heart!

Elisabeth said...

How, Maggie? Love needs to take into consideration its opposite. The two most often go together, side by side yin and yang, black and white, cold and hot, love and hate.

Woman in a Window said...

Yes, yes.
Yes~

xo
erin

Ms. Moon said...

I learned that lesson in a hard, hard way. But I learned it. Oh yes, I did.

Lora said...

this is an excellent reminder of a lesson that I only recently learned.

Thank you.

Life As I Know It said...

wise words :)

David Cranmer said...

Amen.

K Soucy said...

Thanks Maggie.

Anonymous said...

thank you. i needed that sentiment morning :)

xo Alison

Allison the Meep said...

you speak the truth.

justmakingourway said...

Love more.

That's perfect.

Nicole said...

thanks for that reminder. your absolutely right! I remember in church one time I talked to the preacher and he said God breaks your heart so that theirs room for him. I love your blog. thanks for stopping by my acupuncture blog:)

Kate Moore said...

But it hurts.

Petit fleur said...

I needed reminding. My heart sometimes feels like it's all balled up.

Thanks Maggie.

Kisses to you!
xo m

Still Life With Coffee said...

oh yes
it takes some bravery, but it is worth it.

Unknown said...

sigh* that's really great.

M said...

Thank you for saying this. It's so true. It hurts like hell, but you just have to let it break wide open, and pour all about the floor... my God, the things you will learn about life, yourself, others...

my heart has a penchant for traipsing the grounds of love, so that means it also seems to be perpetually broken. But, I like to think of it as not broken. Just bruised... but because of this bruising, I have become the better human being.

Maggie May said...

i was reading this book in Borders last night, which i cannot for the life of me remember the title...and it was written by a woman with four children who was widowed young, and ended up 'gettin religion' and becoming a priest, and this was paraphrased from her book. i LOVED it the moment i read it.

SJ said...

I am really trying....

M said...

I also loved it the moment I read it... and more importantly, it freed me of the weight of my emotions (on a current love-issue) and I let everything out.

I feel like if I hadn't read that, I wouldn't have let it out the way I did. Thank you so much for posting it. It really touched me.

(the "letting all out" post:)
http://wellbehaveddontmakehistory.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-have-had-glass-of-wine.html

T. said...

Often the best advice is the most difficult advice to follow.

Shaista said...

When our heart breaks, doesn't it always break wide open? Then we rush to patch it up any desperate way we can.. unless we are poets, then we skulk around it and milk it ;)

Maggie May said...

what this means to me is that when we suffer, we can see with greater enlightenment how much love is needed and give this love more easily and deeply to everyone around us.
like labor, then birth.
suffer, then love.

i have found this to be true, my whole life.

Blunt Delivery said...

its the hardest thing in the world to do. but its the only way to give yourself a shot at happiness.

Unknown said...

Beautiful way to turn it around!

Unknown said...

oh yeah ~~~~~~ yup. and then some.

previous next