Tuesday, March 16, 2010

luck of the Irish

To you my soul's affections move
Devoutly, warmly, true:
My life has been a task of love,
One long, long thought of you.
- Thomas Moore
Elizabeth said...

Amazing photo -- I marvel at how our children look so amazing so close-up -- the smoothness, the youth, so beautiful and pure and innocent but wise, too.

Ms. Moon said...

There is such beauty in your life.

Lindsey said...

What a lovely photograph and beautiful, beautiful quotation.

Caroline said...

Lovely....and your daughter is just beautiful.

Jeanne Estridge said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Annie said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Happy St. Pats, Maggie dear!

Love,

SB

Ellen said...

I love old poetry...I love new too but sometimes those love poems just get to me...

C T said...

I hope you have a lovely day.

Allison the Meep said...

Such a gorgeous photo of her!

Phoenix said...

Yup. It's official. I come over to visit your blog and I start breathing again.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and yours, Maggie May :)

A.Smith said...

Song

A rowan like a lipsticked girl.
Between the by-road and the main road
Alder trees at a wet and dripping distance
Stand off among the rushes.

There are the mud-flowers of dialect
And the immortelles of perfect pitch
And that moment when the bird sings very close
To the music of what happens.

~ Seamus Heaney

Still Life With Coffee said...

Oh that poem is absolutely gorgeous. I want to eat it up.
thank you

Bee said...

I'm reaching for a pen to write that down.

Beautiful; and I love the touch of green!

Existential Waitress said...

Love the photo - it makes me feel all happy inside. :) Happy St. Paddy's Day!

SJ said...

I love this quote Maggie. And your pictures of your Lola are gorgeous--as are you, Miss Maggie May :)

Kass said...

These words and this photo are beautiful.

swonderful said...

all beauty.

Shona Leah said...

so lovely!

previous next