Tuesday, March 9, 2010

' when she was good, she was very very good



.... and when she was bad, she was horrid ' ( wink )

krista said...

so cute.
or "choot" as finn likes to say.

katydidnot said...

oh, my mom used to sign that to me. like...last year I mean.

Elisabeth said...

Lovely Lola Moon. So photogenic. So true to the poem, though of course we know it's posed.

I'll bet she's almost always good and never ever horrid, maybe sometimes just a little rough. Thanks, Maggie.

Vashti said...

I cant imagine that she is ever horrid!
x

CitricSugar said...

I think I made both those faces myself today. :-)

mrs.notouching said...

wow, she is insanely beautiful! She can be bad - she will get away with it (wink)

akka b. said...

Lola Moon Glow - A pleasure to make your acquaintance. he he.

On another note, thanks for dropping by Drunk Love Heart a few days back, I'm so glad you did because then I got to find YOU. What a lovely place you have made. Your words, images, sense of humor....mmn.

Cheers!

akka b.

Beth said...

And always loved - either way!
She's precious.

nfmgirl said...

My mother used to say that to me when I was a little girl. "Heather, you are just like the little girl with a curl in the middle of her forehead. You don't know that poem? There was a little girl with a curl in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, she was very, very good. And when she was bad, she was horrid!"

I actually created a thing to hang on my wall at work that has that poem with a pic of me looking all sweet as pie with little curls, and then one of me being horrid with my dad and a neighbor boy, making faces at the camera!

You know what's weird? I've been busy and haven't been reading the blogs too much. So I haven't seen much of your blog for a few weeks. Yet last night I had a dream that I was looking at a book. I don't remember what it was that I read in the book, but when I closed it I saw "Lola Moon" written on the cover. Weird.

unmitigated me said...

My mom always used to say it this way:

There was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead
When she was good
She was very good indeed
And when she was bad
She was popular!

My mom was something of a bad girl in the 1930s and 40s.

Ms. Moon said...

I would love to have tea with Lola Moon. And her mother.

Lola Sharp said...

What is eerie, is that my mother and grandmother used to quote that little poem at me almost every day.
(not to mention that we share a first name)

(love her dress by the way!)

You know I have a soft spot for your little Lola (and dakota too)...tell her my horns hold up my halo and I'm happy as a clam. I totally rock my horns.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Either way--good or bad--she's cute.

Kass said...

There is so much in her eyes in that first photo.

Michele R said...

Adorable face and adorable dress.

Where is the curl in the middle of her forehead?

Kay said...

yip. welcome to a womans life! :)

Maggie May said...

This wasn't posed! She was letting me take her picture and then decided she was tired of it, which produced the angry face picture :)

AKKA i'm so glad you are here :) thanks for the lovely compliments.

Middle Aged- haha!! i like that version...

Heather said...

Aww she's so cute!

Thanks for your comment. Definitely putting a lot of thought into it! Guess we'll find out if that's a good thing soon LOL.

Anonymous said...

that's precocious if I've ever seen it! :)

Petit fleur said...

How could that innocent little face be anything but darling?? hee hee!

Petit fleur said...

How could that innocent little face be anything but darling?? hee hee!

Brittany said...

How ah-door-ah-bull! :) I love your blog, and all the pictures, and posts!

Can't wait to read more! Thanks for stopping by! Can't wait to get to know you more via-blog! :))

Woman in a Window said...

Oh, I live it!
xo
erin

hmstrjam said...

know that look well, although it may come from my cat!

Gberger said...

I am just catching up here, and am so sorry about your community's loss - I'm sure the family of Chelsea King is blessed by your words and prayers. I can't even begin to put into words how I feel about sexual predators...they just seem to rarely change, and instead, hurt more and more people. A mystery.

I have loved Steve Martin since his first album came out (the one with the balloons). I was in college at the time, and thought he was old then - but the funniest guy! We used to laugh until we cried, and had lots of the routines memorized. He's ageless.

Alec Baldwin is a comic genius, too - his edginess may have something to do with it.

Your daughter is gorgeous.
Blessings to you and your family.

Lacey said...

That face screams "mischief," haha. So precious!

Mandy_Fish said...

I want that dress.

Therese said...

Oh, this made me SMILE!!

Zip n Tizzy said...

perfect.

Anonymous said...

beautiful clever lola.



lots of love, maggie may-
yolanda

previous next