Friday, April 2, 2010

The first thing you need to know about me, she said, is that I grew up with two older brothers...













Julia Christie said...

What a beautiful tableau! I love the simpleness that is siblinghood. My oldest two, older than my third by ten years, used to do this very thing to him, although he was always sandwiched in a large blanket.

So sweet! Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment.
Smiles!

krista said...

okay, first with the pandas yesterday and now with your kids? are you trying to kill me with love?

Lisa Page Rosenberg said...

I love these sweet photos.

* said...

This quote by Alex Haley comes to mind about now,

"In every conceivable manner, the family is a link to our past, a bridge to our future."

Yes. Siblinghood rocks.

Avo said...

This looks like a happy team... that could wreck some serious mischief.

I wonder who took these pictures? There is something in them that characterizes great pictures, the quality of snapping a pure moment that seems undiluted with artifice.
Thanks for sharing.

Elisabeth said...

Lucky Lola. Lucky brothers.

Beth said...

Lucky, lucky girl - doubly blessed.
I always wanted a big brother.

michelle said...

Wish I'd had big brothers...

Lola and Mia are lucky girls

Rachael said...

Those are great pictures.

Can you just imagine her as an adult pulling those out of a box somewhere and smiling.

Kass said...

What a beautiful, fun photo essay.

CM said...

Oh yes, those older brothers! Adorable pics.

Still Life With Coffee said...

oh yes... I would have to say that having two big brothers is a beautiful and defining force in my little girl's life. I love those pictures of your kiddos. Lucky lucky little sister.

D. Jean Quarles said...

What a perfect post. It made me smile. Have a great day!

A.Smith said...

Who obviously love her to bits and the feeling is mutual. I so wanted my entire life to have a brother...

Allison the Meep said...

Oh, that was so sweet, the whole progression. It's so cute how things got taken a bit too far and there were tears, but big brother hugs make things better.

Also, I love how your grass is long and looks like hair, and kind of swallows Lola up when she lands in it.

Jodi said...

Too cute! I'm totally reminiscing about my older brother and I when we were kids!

The bond between a brother and sister is something that can't be duplicated. These photos are so sweet.

Rebecca said...

How cute. They look like they are all having fun!

JenniAsh said...

Haha, love the post.
Rancid are SICK. :)
xxx

Marla Kellman said...

It seems like it was a loving relationship between you guys. Boys are never easy, though. I should know. I've a younger brother! Take care!

Mimi Lenox said...

This is such a happy looking peaceful blog. I love the header and will return to read more of your work. It makes me want to dance too.
Very nice. I get a good vibe here!
(here via Vodka Mom)

Lemon said...

oh!
i love these photos so much! to see siblings like that!! (i grew up with four YOUNGER brothers. so i understand the girl-to-boy-ratio...just differently ;)

Petit fleur said...

Oh my God... How beautiful are they all! I can't stand it.

Why was Lola crying at the end there?

I love your bebes... and you too, of course.
xoxo m

Shaista said...

I think you are about to become a Blog of Note :)
High time!!
Loved the one of Lola in her big brother's arms... place of refuge, place to challenge.

Maggie May said...

I'm glad you guys like the trio :)
Lola cried in the end because her head got bonked !

Alesa I took these photos, and thank you so much for the compliment and the visit.

Ms. Moon said...

I always wanted an older brother. But no, I am the oldest of four and the only girl. Figure it out.
Your children are as beautiful as spring. As beautiful as you are.

Kempt said...

What happened?! They are growing so fast... Have I been reading for so long? Or does it move that fast?

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Your family is adorable.

Rachel said...

I was the youngest and the only girl also. She might not like it much when she get's older and no one will date her, because they are scared of her older brothers. LOL!!

All This Trouble... said...

Wow. It's amazing how amazing those photos are!

previous next