Friday, April 9, 2010

return to life

Healing requires far more of us than just the participation of our intellectual and even our emotional resources. And it certainly demands that we do more than look backwards at the dead-end archives of our past. Healing is, by definition, taking a process of disintegration of life and transforming into a process of return to life. Caroline Myss


Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion. Samuel Johnson


Never shall I forget the days I spent with you. Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours.
Ludwig van Beethoven



When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others. Peace Pilgrim


If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. Thomas Paine



People deal too much with the negative,
with what is wrong...
Why not try and see positive things,
to just touch those things
and make them bloom?
Thich Nhat Hanh


Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. Erich Fromme


The most important things to do in the world are to get something to eat, something to drink and somebody to love you. Brendan Behan


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.

Maryanne Williamson
Caroline said...

I love this. These are incredible pictures.

And, Maryanne Williamson perspective is always so right on.

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

I am so glad I came by here tonight. Thank you for this collection of wisdom, complete with photographic goodness. :)

elizabeth

Ms. Moon said...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love....you make.
The Beatles

Allison the Meep said...

This is not in any way deep, but I really love Lola's side french braids and wish I could do that to my own hair.

erin said...

This post really made my night, Maggot Pie. Thank you very much.

Elizabeth said...

What a study in beauty -- the photos, the quotes, your beautiful Lola, laughing in the grass.

Tiffany Kadani said...

So true! We are all children of God. This gets me through everything.

Elisabeth said...

wonderful juxtapositions, the words and the images. Lives lived to the full and all that sunshine.

michelle said...

Those pictures of Lola are Beautiful. And I love that Maryanne Williamson quote.

A Musing Mother said...

And someplace to go to the bathroom. No, really. It's a basic need.

{written by a woman who drove 300 miles with a 32 oz. Diet Coke}

Vashti said...

I am very tempted to jump on a plane and come and steal Lola and your dogs! Just be warned ;-)
Adorable and fantastic quotes. Gave me a smile to start my weekend. Have a wonderful day.x

Kass said...

Such a beautiful collage of words and pictures! Some of those quotes are from people that feel like family - I revere them so much.

Jaliya said...

Yum. The sweetness of life. Thank you :-)

isabelle said...

thank you for all this wise and positive words.
A good way to start the weekend!

Avo said...

Sorry for repeating myself... Well, not really...
Your photography is great at capturing key moments in time. Thanks for this window into another world.

Lydia said...

O, a wonderful album. I hope the kids have copies of this post to keep forever.

Pris said...

I love love love this post!

Beth said...

Every last one of these quotations hit home - as did the joy and love in the pictures.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Fabulous marriage of words and images. The joy on your daughter's(?) face is so inspiring! Just lovely.

K Soucy said...

When I was a young teen, and often depressed I dreamed of living in California. Any TV show there made it seem sunny and happy and that's what I wanted. These pictures are the proof.

Anonymous said...

love the beethoven quote. actually, i love them all. and your blog. your talent is vibrant + inspiring :)

enjoy your saturday!

xo Alison

Ellen said...

Such happy photos ...seeing your puppies with your daughter..I can hear the giggles! Thank you for the lovely poem too.

Rebecca said...

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

wholehearted resounding yes.

and I'm smiling because you are?

justmakingourway said...

Incredible pictures and quotations. They fit so beautifully together.

Jason, as himself said...

I love the photos of the wet dogs the best. Although the rest of them are so full of life, too!

Laura Lee said...

what a great breath of poetry here, dear! seeing Lola laughing with dog in the sun magnifies all the light. Lovely quotes, too - Thank you!

A.Smith said...

Waves of joy, peals of laughter and the dance, the never ending dance of love that makes of each day a Whirling Dervish partner, tolerant of our missing a step here and there but oh, the dance! This makes me think of all those things and more, and makes me want to dance.

Angie Muresan said...

Lola is ALWAYS so filled with joy. Love seeing her smiling face!

Unknown said...

beautiful post, beautiful family and beautiful doggies maggie! Hx

Claire Marie said...

Amazing. This really gave me some perspective; thank you for posting.

Anonymous said...

i love your pix!!!
sent the letter- finally!!
if you find some rage at the end of the poem is not for/about you, it´s just the poem. lol.

i love your blog. i find peace and wisedom and inspiration in your vision of life!

wishing the BEST for you, my dearling!

yolanda lola

Phoenix said...

All of the quotes are so gorgeous and fit so well with such pictures of happiness and life exuberated. (Did I just make up a new word? Oh well, Shakespeare does it all the time.)

When Maryanne Williamson wrote Nelson Mandela's speech and included the lines that you quoted, I just about cried, they were so beautiful. Her poem has sustained me for years.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I love this post, Maggie. Great quotes. Sublime photos. Thank you.

christina said...

i love the vibrance of life, found in these photos.
: )

Kirie said...

You have a real gift for arranging these thoughts and photos and spinning something wholly new. Beautiful!

mrs mediocrity said...

Lovely, and all so so true, and so many wonderful smiles!

Anonymous said...

great quotes. you're always like a drink of water maggie. sweet dreams kiddo.

* said...

Each quote rings a bell somewhere, deep inside me. Truth. Truth. And pairing them up with the pics? Perfection.

Shaista said...

I love the Thich Nhat Hanh and Maryanne Williamson quotes - my favourites. I love that big bundle of dog even more... I want a dog so much!! Tell Lola from me I think she's super incredibly lucky to have dogs to play with and be real with.

On another matter, when are you going to bungy juuuuuuuump??!!!!

previous next