Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My First MEME


1) What are you wearing right now?
Barack Obama shirt, white pajama pants, Mr. Curry's sweater


2) What is your biggest fear?

I don't want to talk about it, OK?


@ my teeth reflect the years between 15 and 30 that i smoked, a serious coffee habit, and green tea sipping. anyone want to offer me free whitening?? :)

3) Do you nap a lot?
Before I realized all my 'issues' ie: hypothyroidism, endometriosis, food allergies, nutritional imabalances- I was tired allll the time, napped when I could. Now, I nap on the weekends once.


4) Who is the last person you hugged?

Mr. Curry, he just went to bed. :( We have a date night Saturday :)


5) What websites do you visit when you go online?
Blogs, McSweeneys, Huffington, The Onion, Salon


6) What was the last item you bought?

Starbucks Doubleshot


7) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Greece.


8) If you woke up tomorrow and were a boy, what is the first thing you would do and why?

I think we all know the answer to that.


9) Has a celebrity's hair cut ever influenced your own hairstyle?

Yes- when Heidi Klum had those thick, blunt cut bangs, so did I. And I do it every year at winter, chop chop.


10) What is your most embarrassing moment?

Oh, let's not go into that. The important thing to ask is-- why ARE jello sliders made with so much alcohol, and who knew that police officers are people too?


11) What was the last movie you watched?

Swing Vote (booo)


12) If you had a whole day to yourself with no work, commitments, or interruptions what would you do?
Write, read poetry, blogs, end world hunger, take a nap, drink Starbucks, make art, cure disease, mess with my house, blow your mind, snuggle with my animals, write.


13) If you were to win the Powerball, what would you do with the money (besides invest it)?

Finish my novel. Hire a great tutor for my children. Get Mr. Curry's teeth fixed. Pay off my staggering medical debt. Move to a house with land. Buy, name and ride horses. Hire a personal trainer and nutritionist. Start a foundation for foster children and abused children. Buy a house for my Mom. Try to secretly get money to my sister. Find single moms who are struggling and help them with cars, education, cheap living places. Open a nursing home for the elderly that kicks ass and doesn't smell like urine. Buy a car that works. Start savings for the children in my extended family. Open a homeless shelter equipt with massive amounts of hot chocolate, soft blankets, books, music and art.


14) What was the most joyous moment in your life to date?

The births of my children and the moment I re-fell in love with Mr. Curry

Thank you, Mouthy Irish Woman, for tagging me!!!
Captain Dumbass said...

Good luck with the Powerball, Maggie May, I hope you win it one day.

no said...

i would have to agree with captain dumbass. Good luck with the powerball. i like the part about re-falling for the mr. that was super sweet.

The Panic Room said...

Man... sorry you saw "Swing Vote"... really sorry

Ms. Moon said...

Your smile is beautiful as it is.

Kurt said...

Allow me to compliment you on how you spent your commitment-free day. Well played. It's a lot like mine, except mine does have any activities or cleverness.

But napping? Oh, I have napping down pat.

Red Flashlight said...

I'm thinking about a new way to use memes: to collect my answers the same questions every year over an extended period of time. Hmm . .

erin@designcrisis said...

I am imagining crazy scenarios involving jello shots, now...

And your teeth look lovely!

Dionne said...

I agree with Swing Vote - what was with that movie?!!!

I hope you do win the Powerball, you will be putting that moolah to such good use!

Magpie said...

Funny - it's the second time today that I've seen "Greece" as the answer to the "where would you go" question.

Chandini Santosh said...

Dear Mag
I havent hugged anyone for days, months, years? Just now you reminded me of one of the most beautiful moments in life.
Sigh!

Danette said...

I loved reading that, so much fun and it made me cry a bit too.

I think your teeth look good, you have a beautiful smile.

Jeanne Estridge said...

I always thought that about winning the lottery -- that I'd pay for college for all my nieces and nephews. I was never going to win, since I don't play -- hope you do (win, that is).

Holly said...

hahah @ number 10!

Sharon said...

I want to congratulate you on being so honest. It's a hard thing to bear your soul in straight words...now poetry is another thing, that's more like expressing yourself in riddles or stories with rhymes. Just telling it like it is, now that's another thing. So thanks for sharing all your secrets with us:)

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

thank you so much mrs. moon, for playing along. i loved your answers and they confirm what i already knew....a beautiful, soulful woman resides here.....

Kristi said...

Thanks!! I just got off crutches today and am able to wear two same shoes!! It is amazing!!

Tess Kincaid said...

This was fun! You look great. What do you mean, your teeth are perfect! Love your freckles, too.

Maggie May said...

my teeth look way whiter than they are in this picture. it's a bright outdoorsy picture where i am squinting quite profusely. :)

and Panic- yes. that movie was so suck. i didn't even finish it.

l'air du temps said...

i saw swing vote as well. i think i blocked it out... i totally forgot about it, i guess it's forgetable:)

tonight there was a gorgeous program on pbs on greece. it looooks kinda gorgeous.

thanks so much for popping in on my blog. it is good to meet you.

~audrey

Amber said...

ooo, tag me!!

I just love you and I don't even know you. Like others, I applaud your honesty and I love your poem. (above)

Patois42 said...

What a great peek. Good luck on Powerball. (And date night.)

Chris Stone said...

#10 is funny... I was also interested in your answer about napping. I have a niece that can't stay awake. I feel sorry for the poor girl!

Lola said...

I really hope you win Powerball, really I do!

Just Jules said...

fabulous. I love these little glimpses into people's self.

anymommy said...

Mmmmmm. I love that last one. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. I hope you win powerball too, those are some of the best answers to that question I've read.

Jason, as himself said...

I liked seeing this side of you...and learning more...

Maggie Madison said...

Love # 8 LOL. Also, Obama, Huffpost and the Onion? we were separated @ birth!

previous next