Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bank Account

esbboston said...

What's really sad are those days when you yawn just right and the day then seems like its only 86,399 seconds long.

Bummer.

Then you accidentally discover that the government picked that day to be only 86,399 seconds long anyway. So that means the day really only felt like it was 86,398 seconds long.

Bummer.

Then you realize you've just wasted 73 seconds reading somebody's Yawn Plus Atomic Clock Government Conspiracy Theory Nonsense, so that whittles it down to 86,325.

Bummer.

Lo said...

Great post.....what a sobering but profound thought.

I must say I do not understand why some of your readers don't seem to want to take it seriously. At any rate......I do, and though I do not always make the best use of those seconds I try.

Ramona Quimby said...

I'm so glad I spent some of my 86,000-some-odd seconds reading YOU. I thought of you and your beautiful family today--how glad I am you've found a new place, how central you are (this beautiful writing) to my thinking about families, about how we all beautifully muddle on through. This is going to be a good year for you, Maggie. I know it. I do.

delphine said...

Merci for being part of my "special time"

Unknown said...

Love this!

Meaghan said...

Thanks, I needed this today. In fact, I need reminders like this every day. Hmm..

rebecca said...

never thought of it that way. genius.

previous next