Saturday, March 30, 2013

People In Your Neighborhood

take a seat and read!!





I'm going to make this beautiful crown with Lola this weekend.


Penelope Trunk writes one of my favorite blog posts ever, because of the straightforward, balls to the wall no nonsense charming writing: What it's like to have sex with someone with Aspergers

Who's Going To Want Me?   "I do not know who will want me. I can let that stop me and not write my book and not try to publish it or I can write it and have a deep knowing that someone will take it and if they don’t, they don’t. I will then keep going. I will not use it as some sort of empirical proof to say See? See? No One Wants me."

I think I'm meant to work writing with Lena Dunham one day. Until then, I read everything about her and watch her interviews. This one with Chelsea Handler is totally charming, and she tells an awesome story about how she met Judd Apatow. 

7 Reasons To Power Down Technology  "Our world may be changing. But the true nature of life is not. Life, at its best, is happening right in front of you. These experiences will never repeat themselves. These conversations are unfiltered and authentic. And the love is real. But if we are too busy staring down at our screen, we’re gonna miss all of it."



NPR tells my family's story: American Winter

Anna's list of what you can do to help a grieving family. Anna lost her son, Jack. 

And lastly, one of my favorite blog posts ever, on parenting, from a pastor: To Parents Of Small Children
I needed this.





previous next