Sunday, January 4, 2009

House Books



Books on the Coffee Table
Books stacked randomly
White shelves in the dining area
Lined up where we eat
Books on my Grandma's inherited secretary
Books in the boys room

On Lola's shelves
and her dresser
Books in the hall
books stacked in the living room
Living room shelves
Chopstick said...

I LOVE BOOKS! books are such amazing things. They bring me knowledge and joy and tears ALL AT THE SAME TIME. >:)

P.S: I love turquoise too... it's an unhealthy obsession... I'm trying to buy things in other colours because my wardrobe is dangerously close to smurf-like. >:/

Maggie May said...

i have turquoise flats that i unreasonably adore

Emily said...

Oh, I'm so so glad you stopped by Collecting Raindrops, today!

Sometimes it feels like this great big blogosphere is just a small coffee shop the way we strangers rub elbows.

I too am an abuse survivor and a teenage mom who found redemption and new purpose in the gentle corners of motherhood.

Also, I have the same white bowls (pictured on one of the stacks of books in this post.)

So, in addition to Sweet Salty and Nie and Cjane, we share some unfortunate historical similarities, taste in ramekins, and an over the top kinship with books.

Welcome to my little corner of the neighborhood. I hope we bump into one another again.

Abby said...

oh yayy millions of books.

I love books so much. I got so many for christmas it made my heart soar.

x

Tiffany said...

This post makes me happy :o) Books and pictures of books, what could be more lovely?

Maggie May said...

Emily wow that is a lot in common! I will check in on you again :)

Stomp and Tiff i like few things better than books or pictures OF books!

Heather said...

Good to see I'm not the only one with books all over the house.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Gosh, I thought I had a lot of books! I'm in the process of looking for an antique book shelf....no luck yet!

Maggie May said...

an antique book shelf...drool. i have an antique dresser i'm getting painted that sits in my living room, i can't wait!

julochka said...

books are so wonderful, aren't they? thanks for stopping by to see mine, i'll definitely be BOOKmarking you and coming back. :-)

i have the domino book too, by the way! it's awesome!

Anonymous said...

This is truly awesome! And exactly how it should be in every home!

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

i LOVE that your books are part of your family. they are for me too.

i'd move into the library if they would let me....i've asked....

Jenny Grace said...

I have bookshelf envy.

Magpie said...

I knew I liked you. I think houses without books mean that the people are not right.

Chaos and love said...

A house without books is like a_______without________.

You already know my love of the paper. I did ask Mr. Curry where his bookshelf was located. He told me he indeed reads a lot of books, they were just scattered here and there(probably slightly annoyed).

You have such a house full of love.
It oozes from all of you(including your animals).

Lola said...

Very cool!

Maggie May said...

awww Keri!!! i'm so glad you visited :)

Valerie Loveland said...

Ha, looks like my house.

Annie said...

We have books in every room in the house, too, double packed into book cases or lying about (lying, laying - where's Strunk when you need him?) on tables and sometimes chairs or the floor (especially when there are too many library books checked out!)

Happy Reading!

Emily A. Benton said...

how lovely!

previous next