Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lola and Harry

Harry Potter, Come here. Let's play!

Come on Harry, hold still now, I'm going to tell you something wonderful. But it's a secret....
So listen carefully, and don't tell Mommy.
I love this world, Harry.
Hi Wolfgang, don't step on my roses please.
I love to make patterns with the world.
See? (see Mommy's toes?)
The back yard is a whole little world. I can find so many things!

This world is so beautiful!
annechovie said...

Thanks for your kind comment!

Unknown said...

Nice series of photos. It's nice for me to see something other than snow.

Maggie May said...

ahhh california!

Chris said...

Wow, what a vivid and beautiful scene. Those roses just pop from the screen!

Talia Reed said...

I have a cat that looks identical to that'n. Actually I have 2 that look identical. Pluto and Greta. Yep.

Oh how I long for some green grass.

Holly said...

love the lil row of roses she made :)

Happyflower said...

Hey, I think you stole my cat, check out my his picture on my blog, lol.

Oh, I miss the grass...

Twenty Four At Heart said...

Those pictures are so serene!

Unknown said...

Lovely.

I can smell those roses all the way over here.

Chopstick said...

Harry Potter is awesome. So is the dog; it looks part german shepherd? or full? can't really tell, but that's my favourite breed of dog, so sometimes if I really want it to be, a poodle can look like a germen shepherd! lol :)

Green said...

I have to agree with JIm...nice green grass, flowers and a beaurtiful child and animals enjoying it all....:ppppp NY!

ConverseMomma said...

Oh, I want to love the world with that sort of wonder again. I want to play with roses and have to care for the thorn. Lovely!

Jenny Grace said...

You have beautiful roses.

Betsey said...

lovely! this post is beautiful

a pretty pill said...

this post is so delightful. beautiful photos with sweet little beings inside.

Radish King said...

I dunno. These photos and the last series of same make me uncomfortable. I guess it’s because Lola looks extremely self conscious in them. I know you’re going for a Sally Mann feel with them—she’s my 2nd favorite photographer of all time. The thing with Sally Mann is that she stopped photographing her children when they asked her too. And in their photos they are oblivious of the camera, where Lola seems to be posing, except for one earlier photo, in which she was running or jumping. Just my opinion to take as any grain of salt.
Rebecca

Maggie May said...

oh not at all! i said not a word to her the entire time- no posing, no requests, just Lola hanging out. i just clicked away for about ten minutes as she worked her way around the backyard.
the only thing i can think is that you are seeing her 'outside face' which does get scrunchy because she's very light sensitive, since babyhood. she seemed very comfortable and happy the whole time.

previous next