Saturday, January 17, 2009

saturday morning

**gone to mrs. basil's files

maggie may ethridge jan 09
Girl Next Blog said...

Gisele is one of my favourites too. But Miroslava Duma is such an obsession right now - so lovely and stylish!

xx

Anonymous said...

Thousand Cloud Sky is my favorite line. I got a new blog!
http://scribbledout.wordpress is nowwwww http://violetroom.wordpress.com I missed you!

Amber said...

I always wished I could rock poetry. You have quite a talent, I really enjoyed this one.

Captain Dumbass said...

I couldn't write a poem if somebody put a gun to my head. Which translates to I'm amazed by what you do.

Maggie May said...

thanks guys, i so appreciate the reading. seriously.

anymommy said...

This is lovely and evocative. I am hopeless at poetry, but I think any parent can feel the pull of their children while they try to take a little time to feed their own needs.

Gail said...

I discovered you through Tiff.
Your words are real and musical.
...and the main reason I came, I have a dog named Maggie Mae

Lola said...

I'm with the Captain. I couldn't write a poem if locked me in a room for a week!

I sure enjoy reading yours, though.

Shannon said...

:D i certainly get you, or part of you anyway. fine mom. whatever.

ButtonHole said...

I love this, Maggie!

Maggie May said...

thank you!

Annie said...

There is a constant conflict for me between housework, work, grocery shopping, my blog, and the need to write creatively. So many times, nothing wins, and everything is half done, or not done at all (like today). Thank you for this poem.

I like these lines: "here is son, his wild hair easily a mustang revolt, his intelligent brow and mouth creased in disapproval: why must i insist on this private life? these hours to myself?"

When I pick up my son from school today, he will ask me, yet again, did you create my tunic for the Renaissance Fair? Next week, I'll have to tell him. Today, I've been writing, and reading, and posting a poem for an online critique. How can I equate the two?

previous next