Wednesday, October 14, 2009

the aftermath of insomnia




















gone to mrs. basil's files :)
maggie may ethridge
Anonymous said...

wow!!
genius!
you are the best.
i love this poem so much....
how you choose the exact words.. wow. awesome, exciting....
love!!
y.

unmitigated me said...

"it was not grace i longed for, but the expansive"

so true.

Beth said...

Sometimes words are the only “beautiful way to spin the earth beneath my hands” in order to try and make sense (and see the beauty) of it all.

Elizabeth said...

How remarkable are you?

Very.

Phoenix said...

"and minutes were lives of thought" - so incredibly beautiful.

Your writing is such a gift. I'm honored every time I get to read it.

Unknown said...

you are very talented.

Healthy Lifestyle

Kay said...

no intention in sounding repetitive here; however, extremely talented write you have! the ability to take others mind right there with you, fluid and introspective. just wonderful, you!

justmakingourway said...

There are so many things I love about this poem. Your combination of words is always awe inspiring - this is one of my favorites!

Lydia said...

Just read your post following this poem, and so appreciated all you shared in that one to further my understanding of the poem. Your long sleep reminds me of my years wasted in alcoholism and the poem is shockingly familiar in parts. Just excellent, Maggie.

Something Happened Somewhere Turning said...

Maggie,

I just love your writing and beautiful pictures. I hope you are doing well.

previous next