Thursday, October 22, 2009

Home, Sick

Lola Moon watching cartoons with her hot soy chocolate from Starbucks and Bodie on the floor scratching himself. See Lola's wooden pinapple on top a stack of books on the floor, lower right?
My stack of books in front of the fireplace makes me so happy. The fireplace mantel has a strip of unfinished paint from a job half finished where the wall was removed and replaced due to mold.
Weasley and Bellatrix napping on Lola's bed

Lola and Mr. Fuzz. Mr. Fuzz is a shy and retiring fellow not yet used to our large household.
Elizabeth Bradley said...

It's always so good to cocoon at home when you're sick. Get well. A home devoid of books is not a home.

Lillian Robinson said...

Hello. I had to do a double take when I saw a comment from Maggie May. Thanks for visiting my farm blog, blahwg! There are 3 horses on the title pic. The dark thoroughbred on the right is Maggie Mae. One of my top five favorite songs in my HS days, and still today. I named her because of the lines that popped into my head when I first saw her... "The morning sun when it's in your face really shows your age. But that don't worry me none - in my eyes you're everything." She is 28, which, in people years, is pushing 80!

Lovely family!

A Musing Mother said...

How can Lola sit as Sponge Bob says one more inane thing while a stack of books is sitting in the same room?

My favorite time of day is when everybody goes to bed and I sprawl out on the sofa to read. My cat then stretches herself across my body.

Heaven.

Petit fleur said...

I LOVE that last picture of Lola and Mr. Fuzz! It's grand!

Ms. Moon said...

Happy snuggles and wishes for quick recoveries, sweet mama Maggie May.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Nothing better than a sick day of cozy love and furry fun!

jb said...

maggie great photos...i know it's been a while. i've been working round the clock these last few weeks and now i'm sick at home in bed for at least a few more days. i hope things are good with you and that beautiful family of yours love. stay happy and stay healthy...take good care.

huggs
jbxo

Maggie May said...

Hey JB glad to hear you are doing OK!!

Mwa said...

Get well soon Lola!

I have a sick girl here, too.

erin said...

I had my oldest daughter home sick for two days and it was so nice. I felt bad that she was sick, but it seems like between school, soccer and sharing custody with her dad I never get to spend any time with her!

Lilian Moreira said...

Feel better!! :)

jennifer said...

ugh, i can't stand when my kids are ill!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I love the photo of Lola with Mr. Fuzz. That cat is getting loved up and then some.

Love you, Maggie. Have a terrific weekend.

SB

justmakingourway said...

Yay for snuggling at home with kitties and books!

(Boo for being sick. Hope you feel better!)

Lydia said...

I hope you are feeling better. The books are good reason to hole in! It must not be fireplace weather there yet...
Your house looks very cozy.

Not ill, but feeling weird today and I totally space out a car repair appointment made for this morning. I made the desk woman and the guy who'd special-ordered the parts furious when I called to switch to next week. Making enemies in a small town? not a good idea

Alicia D said...

awww... mr fuzz is so cuwte. I miss my cats...

Lacey said...

That bottom picture is so funny! Lola is so beautiful.

krista said...

i would like to stay home sick everyday so that i could have starbucks and read and play with cats.
all except for the sick part.

previous next