Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Library

No furniture is so charming as books *sydney smith







A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us *franz kafka
Jodi said...

apparently a home without books is a home with no soul x

magnoliaamber said...

agree. And the ones with the elegant leather as a cover!

Boozy Tooth said...

Just beautiful. The photos and sentiments both. And I love the crowns on the shelf too!

magnoliaamber said...

Hi Maggie,

I have tagged you for an award..

Do come and see!

Ms. Moon said...

Have you ever been to my son's image blog? He sometimes puts up beautiful library pictures. You can find him at
http://dreamslikethat.blogspot.com/

justmakingourway said...

Love it. That first picture especially. Makes me want to go curl up with a book in a window seat with the rain coming down outside.

Court said...

I completely agree! How lovely ;)

Anonymous said...

it is my dream to have a room in my house where the only things inside are books and a giant chair. some day...

Nancy C said...

I'm kinda in love with your house. stunning

Phoenix said...

I think that Kafka quote explains just about everything I try to do with my life.

Beautiful. Just like you :)

Petit fleur said...

Great pix, great post.
xopf

S said...

very beautiful. elegant.

The Little Miss said...

LOVED THIS POST!!!!! Eyecandy pictures ...those are perfect.love ur blog

If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

adrienne said...

gorgeous. simply.

Katy said...

My favourite is the fairy light one - I would love to do that with mine x great quote x

Lemon said...

i've never heard either quote and i LOVE them. oh books...

krista said...

now i feel the need to go out and buy a bunch of tiaras to put on top of my books. amazing.

Anonymous said...

i have problems in my mind with books. there are too many in our house.....
but i know i am not alone. you are there!
LOVE
yolanda

Alicia D said...

YES!!! these photos are beautiful. I love books!!!!! im so bummed i dont have more built ins like i used to at my old house. thats the suckiness of new suburbia builds...

Bee said...

I don't know which quotation I love more.

I dream of rooms filled with books!

Angie Muresan said...

I LOVE books! Have a bunch of them. Bookshelves all over the house because we don't have a TV. Adore those crowns... wonder where I can get me some... Do you happen to know?

previous next