Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Light Between the Trees Comes In Flashes


This is Lola's favorite dolly, Abigail. After my co-worker Cathy was recently diagnosed with heart failure, Lola set up a paper cone taped to Abigail's nose. I asked her what it was and she explained that Abigail had a heart condition and that Lola has to attach this cone every night so that Abigail's heart works well.


Dakota is a great card player, as well as checkers and chess. Lola used to cry whenever she lost, but she's developed a more pragmatic approach now. " Let's play AGAIN! "


Evan is Dakota's best friend and like family. We met Evan the first day of 5th grade and they never looked back. He lives ten minutes away by bike and Lola loves him because he " talks right to me Mom ". Plus Evan's mom Mary is has a horse in her backyard, as well as chickens, and never had a daughter, and is always happy to talk and play with Lola.

I love the yellow color in my kitchen



This is exactly the face that Lola makes whenever she realizes that one of her brother's has been pulling the wool over her eyes.
Vashti said...

so beautiful.

Rachael said...

That facial expression is priceless! And, I love your wall color too!

hayley said...

I also love the yellow in your kitchen!

Woman in a Window said...

Lola, I love that face! I wear it from time to time but not half as convincingly.

And the extended family, we have one of those. Our house is empty when it just my two. We could always use for the extras that feel at home here.

unmitigated me said...

That's probably a garbage bag outside the sliding door in the first pic, but it looks a little like a black cape. I thought a dementor was trying to get in. And a boy who is kind to his best bud's sister? Is a real keeper.

Patois42 said...

Great pictures and commentary!

magnoliaamber said...

I love the last photo!

What a very amusing expression!

Evan sounds so lovely to Dakota:)

Evangeline said...

Best title ever! Look at those beautiful kids.

Laura Lee said...

those are some pretty great blessings there, Miss Maggie May!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Such cute kids, Maggie. I know you are very proud. Understandably.

Love,

SB

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I think you're wonderful. Just wanted to let you know that.

Shaista said...

The light through your trees finds its way through mine. Whenever you write on my blog, I breathe out. And think, ok, I'm ok. You always make me feel better; just seeing your name. Maggie May wrote... it doesn't matter what... and I'm smiling.
How beautiful that you channel Nie in this most perfect way - you may have only just started gardening outside with Lola, but the inner gardening, all that mulch and hard sweaty work of transformation... you've been doing that all your life.
Maggie May seeds everywhere, in my garden too xxx

Annie said...

Hi Maggie,
I love the photos, too, and your post title!

Michele R said...

All 4 photos are fantastic. I love them!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Gorgeous family who live in a house with a cheery yellow kitchen!

Elizabeth said...

They're both fantastic. Thanks for posting the pics.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Nothing like a yellow kitchen, or beautiful children to liven it up.

Ms. Moon said...

Some children carry the light within them. I can see that yours do.

Kate Moore said...

Happy smiles. What more could you ask for?
Who is the dandelion clock to the left of your blog by. Do like it.

Petit fleur said...

That look has been on my face for about 3 decades now! Only she's much cuter when she does it!!

You're kids are marvelous... and so is Evan... and of course, so are YOU.
love and peace,
pf

Harlem's A Hatin said...

So beautiful, I love how you told a little about each one with pictures to go along.

http://harlemshaterade.blogspot.com

Kim said...

aw, kids are cuutte:)

Lifeofkaylen said...

She is beautiful!!!! I love all the kid pics, they are so full of life and love. :)
I also like that yellow in the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Ah, what beauty and thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!!

krista said...

i've been on a little unintentional hiatus. and i've missed you. seriously, woman, your kids are so beautiful it practically hurts.

Ju said...

What sweet kids. Lola is such a nurser, bless her.
And the boys are the dudes.:)

Darcy said...

so cute! I love that lola says she likes someone because "he talks right to me." how right she is, don't we all love it when someone talks right to us?

Phoenix said...

These are adorable pictures - and Lola's facial expression is PRICELESS. :)

Lacey said...

You have got such beautiful children, Maggie. I love how you captured all these moments! It especially makes me giggle that Lola loves how Evan talks "right to her," haha. It made me remember how important that was to ME when I was her age. :-)

anymommy said...

This is such an insight into your gorgeous kids. Thank you. I love her "you got me" expression!

justmakingourway said...

I'm very late to catching up with you. These pictures are great!

previous next