Saturday, October 17, 2009

oh heavenly day... a tribute to my family






















Thank you for each and every moment with my family...





































Thank you for every moment, the struggle, the pain, the laughter, the joy, the unbearable joy of love, tremendous and infinite love...

It is worth everything....



It is, in the end, everything






















“This is love: to fly toward a secret sky,

to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment.
First to let go of life.


Finally, to take a step without feet.










.......OH!




I am in love with being a part of a family





For better or worse we take each other,




cleave, nurture, hurt and heal, we are a pack, and we are each other's witnesses
in a life that often feels very lonely,






we are never without a hand to hold
a heart to love, a sanctuary.










I am in love with my family!






Ms. Moon said...

Mornings are so hard for me and then this- those beautiful images with your words, Patty Griffin with her voice. Thank-you.
Sanctuary.

justmakingourway said...

Beautiful, beautiful!!

Your family and your words...

Hilary said...

Just beautiful. Thanks for spreading the joy!

Juniper said...

What a heartfelt meaningful post, thank you. Yes, there is nothing like it, coming home. Knowing smiles, laughter, acceptance and love.

Beth said...

Beautiful family - beautiful words.

Lilian Moreira said...

Hi there! That's so cool that you like Clarice Lispector. I'm Brazilian and a huge fan of her! Take care!

Anonymous said...

And a beautiful and touching tribute Maggie.

Nancy C said...

Just lovely. Thanks for stopping by my site. Look forward to reading more from you!

Mwa said...

We are a pack
- I'm going to make that my motto for the week.

the real mia said...

This is so sweet. The images and the sentiment are so sincere and full of life and love. What a rad way to say "I love you" to your fam.

Lisa said...

Thank you, it is a beautiful reminder.

Petit fleur said...

I love that feeling... like you are going to burst from the sheer "everythingness" of it all. Family.

Wow. Great post Maggie!
xo pf

Elizabeth said...

So beautiful. That song and Patti's voice. I used it on my own blog, a while back. I have always felt that that song spoke about family and hardship, that it was my Sophie's voice, herself. I love your blog, Maggie May, your love for your family is so deliciously infectious. I love your honesty and your writing. Thank you.

Lacey said...

I am so in love with your family, Maggie. SO MUCH!

Zip n Tizzy said...

And what a lovely family it is!

Captain Dumbass said...

You've got a beautiful family.

krista said...

oh, maggie. i'm kind of in love with your family now, too.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

The last photo is darling, Maggie.

Love,

SB

Phoenix said...

Your family is beautiful, and so are you :)

Elizabeth Bradley said...

...and you should be in love with the lot of them, so beautiful.

Boozy Tooth said...

Amazing photos. They made me feel happy just looking at them. You are blessed indeed.

Jeanne Estridge said...

A good thing to be in love with!

Wisconsin Parent said...

dang hormones! thanks for posting this. Stopping over from SITS.

Lydia said...

Precious. And really stirring!

previous next