Monday, October 26, 2009

map of disease



this is so weirdly cool. click ^

image richard gray
Zip n Tizzy said...

Fascinating.
Particularly when recognizing illnesses that various family members have had, but would not have connected in the past.
Scary when you start comparing family histories with your partner and realize the vast potential of illness available to your child.
I attended a seminar recently on PH balance in our bodies and how the foods we eat effect the acidity of our bodies. Apparently it's very difficult for disease in general to thrive in an alkaline environment and yet our modern diet predominantly creates a highly acidic environment.
It can be overwhelming, but also vastly fascinating!

Elizabeth said...

Yeah -- that's some wild stuff. Thanks for posting all those alarming circles. Lends new meaning to the six degrees of separation model...

Annje said...

very cool... but looks like I am screwed. No just kidding, I didn't find my cancer on there... maybe I am safe.

Maggie May said...

Elizabeth aw man! Don't look at them again if they alarm you. I already knew many of those connections but found the layout kind of nerdy awesome.

zip i am familiar with that research and it is fascinating! we eat primarily whole foods so that gives you a huge jumpstart right there.

Annje i didn't know you'd had cancer? Or did I forget? Have you spoken of it?

Captain Dumbass said...

Damn. I wish I'd seen this early so I could have stolen for my own site.

white rabbit said...

Thanks for visiting my humble blog. Flux capacitor? I admit I didn't get it at first and had to google. Wondered if it was something medical then okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

Recognised the dancer from the dance as WB Yeats though. :D

michelle said...

Wow. If it's accurate it explains a lot in my family. My dad died of alzheimers and closely connected that is all sorts of crazy. Schizophrenia, OCD, anxiety. hmmm. Yes. It explains a lot. Pretty cool.

michelle said...

Just went back and looked again. My dad was hypertensive his entire adult life, but other than that was healthy as a horse. We do have asthma and alcoholism. But absolutely no cancer on either side. Really interesting.

Now I have another excuse to put off that mammogram.

justmakingourway said...

That's pretty darn cool. In a slightly disturbing way. I get the nerdy fascination!

S said...

fascinating. a bit anxiety-provoking, but fascinating.

previous next