Saturday, October 3, 2009

Books At Home











Ms. Moon said...

Little pieces of heaven, each and every one.

Rachael said...

Somehow, my many stacks do not look that charming. :)

Andrea said...

I completely agree with Ms.Moon.
No Kindle can replace a good old (dusty smelly ragged) book.

Maggie May said...

Books are totally part of my house decor. I have a tall stack with a large oval blue candle on top in front of the fireplace, on the bricks, plus stacks by the e.t. center, plus six bookshelves in the house, stuffed full.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

And to think the KINDLE is all the rage - NOT for me! Nothing makes me happier than being surrounded by stacks of books! And the first image is my dream staircase (books included).

Unknown said...

Oh wow. As I was scrolling down I kept saying to myself "wow, thats my favourite, no wait... this is...oh no this is...!" they're all so magical. I think the bookshelf with the diagonal and vertical lines was interesting.

Lisa said...

Hello Maggie May, I am inspired and would like to post pictures of books at my home. Is it ok if I do that?

Elizabeth said...

Oh my God, I LOVE THIS. It makes me feel better about all the book clutter I have in my little house. When I die, I want to die in a room full of books.

nicole said...

I love the stacks.... I have quite a few! My house would feel lonely without them!!

Juniper said...

Great selection of photos, I wish that second photo was from my house... it makes me want to settle in for a cup of tea and a good book just looking at it.

this wheel's on fire said...

Nothing could look better :D

Maggie May said...

Ocean Girl- of course! I plan on doing that as well.

Chopstick said...

Hi Maggie May! It's been a while :) You're as beautiful as always and full of spirit!

I love looking at home decor pictures. ESPECIALLY the ones with interesting book cases. I am loving the one with the sloping ceiling, piano in the corner, the wooden floor boards and the entire wall of books! WANTS.

Sultan said...

There is nothing more pleasing than a pile of unread books.

magnoliaamber said...

I wish I could have as much book as what you have displayed for English books are always rather expensive for me...
It brightens up my day, maggie, thanks for sharing..

Umatji said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! And what a fab post - I love the pic's and I also furnish with books. I once house sat a house that was really wierd. Took me a week to figure out why it was so wierd and then I realised. No books. How can people live like that!?

ellen abbott said...

Look at all those books! And just at a time when I am actually going through all mine (as we are moving) and deciding which I will keep and which I will donate to a library.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

wayfarer said...

awesome. i love the ones on the winding stairs! very cool decor.

Vashti said...

LOVE THEM!

Unknown said...

I love decorating with book shelves. They give a home so much charm. Loved the pictures!

Beth said...

I don't think there is any better way to decorate one's home than with books.

Unknown said...

You are in California. Don't the pics of the books ABOVE beds scare you?!?! I can't help but think EARTHQUAKE!!!! I mean, it looks cool but also looks like a head injury waiting to happen!

Captain Dumbass said...

Check this out, book/stair case.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/at-europe/at-europe-london-closeup-the-amazing-staircase-042543

Mwa said...

Great post. I love my books. I have bookshelves in the living room, the bedroom and the study. Actually, come to think of it, I have bookshelves in the kitchen, a small one in the bathroom, and then also in both kids' rooms. Yeah, we love our books too.

anymommy said...

I love books. Mine don't look nearly this charming, but this post made me sigh with pleasure.

Magpie said...

what is it about books? i love these - so comforting and inspiring and jealous-making.

Woman in a Window said...

That's it! Frig it! I miss 'em! I'm putting up shelves and hauling boxes!

Phoenix said...

Oh my GOD I want to live in just about every one of these places so I can have staircases and shelves lined with books. So yummy.

And I love the cloud wall too :)

Mel said...

Maggie, Book Piles! I love them, I have them everywhere, but like Rachael, mine seem less charming. Maybe it's the double and triple stacking - I can't seem to get rid of them when they're finished. I'm sentimental about books. I have stacks by all my favorite chairs and hope someday to catch up on the unread pile. Looking forward to the pictures of your shelves and piles!

CashmereLibrarian said...

Rooms full of Books make me so happy. Thanks for sharing!

kim said...

those are the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen of books...*deep, longing, knowing sigh*
thank you so much for stopping at my blog today :) I enjoyed your comment! :)

previous next